Pay with your ATM Card, USSD code or Bank Transfer to get immediate access to the download links page (download links will also be sent to your email address) for SS1 First, Second and Third Term Government lesson notes. Payments are securely handled by Paystack. [select-faq faq_id='5273']
Pay with your ATM Card, USSD code or Bank Transfer to get immediate access to the download links page (download links will also be sent to your email address) for SS1 First, Second and Third Term Government lesson notes. Payments are securely handled by Paystack.
Our lesson notes are downloaded in Ms-Word Format.
HOW TO PLACE ORDER:
Under the eNote you want to order, you will see “Order Now“. Click on it, then scroll down and click on “Proceed to Checkout” to load the order page. On the order page, enter your payment details and then click on “Place Order” to finalize your order either through Card (ATM Debit Card) or Transfer (Bank transfer) payment.[To add multiple items to the cart, after adding the first item to cart, before proceeding to checkout, click on “Continue Shopping” to add more item(s) to cart, after that click on “Proceed to Checkout” and then enter your payment details and click on “Place Order” to finalize your order.]
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE LESSON NOTE(S) AFTER PAYMENT:
After a successful payment, you will be automatically redirected to the download page (also the download link(s) will be automatically sent to your email address). From the download page/sent email, simply click on the name(s) of the product to download.
Contact the admin on Whatsapp via 08075777704 (Click here to send Whatsapp message) or via Email on email@example.com if you missed the download link for any reason (this rarely happens) or have difficulty placing order.
These lesson notes cover the following topics for SS1 First, Second and Third Term Government:
1. The Meaning and the Scope of the Subject Matter: Government
i) Government as an Institution of the State
ii) Government as an Art of Governing
iii) Government as an Academic Field of Study
2. Features/Characteristics of government;
i) Features of Government
ii) Functions of Government
iii) Why we Study Government
3. Basic Concepts of Government:
4. i) Legitimacy ii) Sovereignty iii) Democracy
5. i) Communalism ii) Feudalism
6. i) Socialism (ii) Communism (iii) Capitalism
7. i) Fascism ii) Nazism iii) Totalitarianism
8. State and Nation; Political Culture
9. Political Socialization
10. Characteristics of government: (i) Unitary government (ii) Federal government.
1. TYPES AND CHARACTERISTICS OF GOVERNMENT: Presidential System of Government; Parliamentary System of Government.
3. Monarchy- Definition, Forms, Merits and Demerits, Features: Republican Government-Meaning, Features: Military Government- Features, Reasons for Military Intervention, Differences Between Republican and Monarchy.
4. Constitution: Definition, Sources, Features, Types: Written, Unwritten, Rigid, Flexible, Unitary, Federal and Confederal with Merits and Demerits of Each Type.
5. Structure and Organization of Government: Legislature; Meaning, Functions, Types, Merits and Demerits of Each Type, the Concept of Parliamentary Supremacy and Its Limitations; Bills- Meaning, Types, Procedure on How Bills Become Law.
6. Executive- Meaning, Functions and Types
Judiciary- Meaning, Functions and Independence of the Judiciary
7. Basic Principles of Government: Rule of Law; Definition, Principles, Limitations to Its Application, Factors that Ensure Its Operation.
8. Separation of Powers- Meaning, Merits and Demerits, Its Operation in Presidential and Parliamentary systems of government; Checks and balances- meaning , merits and demerits.
9. Representative Government- Definition, Features, Conditions for Its Establishment, Merits and Demerits; Political Participation- Meaning, Forms, Purposes, Factors Affecting Political Participation.
10. Centralization- Meaning, Reasons for Its Adoption, Merits and Demerits; Decentralization- Merits, Types, Merits and Demerits.
11. Delegated Legislation- Definition, Type’s Reasons for Delegated Legislation, Demerits, Control of Delegated Legislation.
1. I ) Revision and Political participation:
– Meaning, forms, purpose, factors affecting
II) Centralization and decentralization:
– Reasons for its adoption, types, merits and
2. Delegated Legislation:
– Definition, types and reasons
3. Delegated legislation:
– Merits and demerits; control of delegated legislation.
– Meaning, ways of acquiring Citizenship
5 & 6 Citizenship:
– ways of losing citizenship;
– Rights of a citizen: meaning, duties and
Obligation of a citizen in a state.
– Ways of safeguarding citizens’ rights
– Limitations to a citizen’s rights.
– Difference between a citizen and non-citizen
7 political parties :
– Definition, types, features, functions.
– party manifestoes and its importance
8 Party system :
– Definition, types, merits and demerits.
9 Pressure groups:
– Meaning, types, functions, factors that can aid its effective operations.
– Mode of its operation
10 Factors working against the success of
ii) Danger posed by its activities
iii) Comparison between pressure group and
12 & 13 Examination