Pay with your ATM Card, USSD code or Bank Transfer to get immediate access to the download links page (download links will also be sent to your email address) for SS2 First, Second and Third Term Government lesson notes. Payments are securely handled by Paystack. [select-faq faq_id='5273']
Pay with your ATM Card, USSD code or Bank Transfer to get immediate access to the download links page (download links will also be sent to your email address) for SS2 First, Second and Third Term Government lesson notes. Payments are securely handled by Paystack.
Our lesson notes are downloaded in Ms-Word Format.
HOW TO PLACE ORDER:
Under the eNote you want to order, you will see “Add to Cart“. Click on it, then scroll down and click on “Proceed to Checkout” to load the order page. On the order page, enter your payment details and then click on “Place Order” to finalize your order either through Card (ATM Debit Card) or Transfer (Bank transfer) payment.
[To add multiple items to the cart, after adding the first item to cart, before proceeding to checkout, click on “Continue Shopping” to add more item(s) to cart, after that click on “Proceed to Checkout” and then enter your payment details and click on “Place Order” to finalize your order.]
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE LESSON NOTE(S) AFTER PAYMENT:
After a successful payment, you will be automatically redirected to the download page (also the download link(s) will be automatically sent to your email address). From the download page/sent email, simply click on the name(s) of the product to download.
Contact the admin on Whatsapp via 07061876882 (Click here to send Whatsapp message) or via Email on firstname.lastname@example.org if you missed the download link for any reason (this rarely happens) or have difficulty placing order.
These lesson notes cover the following topics for SS2 First, Second and Third Term Government:
1. Elections: Meaning, Functions, Demerits and Types of Elections, Merits and Demerits of Types
2. Types of Voting- Merits and Demerits of each Type of Voting- Free and Fair Election- Meaning, Conditions Necessary for the Conduct of a Free and Fair Elections
3. Electoral Commission- Meaning Features and Functions.
4. Public Administration- The Civil Service: Meaning, Features, Structures/Classes, Functions, Problems and Control: The Civil Service Commission- Meaning, Functions, Ombudsman, Meaning and Functions
5. Public Corporation- Meaning, Characteristics, Reasons for Setting up Public Corporations, Functions, Organizational Structure, Differences between Public and Civil Service, Control of Public Corporation.
6. Local Government: Definition, Powers and Functions, Reasons for the Creation of Local Government, Control of Local Government, Control, Problems and Suggested Solutions to Problems of Local Government.
7. Pre-Colonial Political System in Nigeria; Hausa/Fulani Political System, Igbo Political System.
8. Pre-Colonial Political System: Yoruba Political System- Pre-colonial Political Institutions with their Functions-Traditional Rulers, Council of Elders, Secret Societies, Age Grade etc.
9. Colonial Administration: Historical background, Meaning, Reasons, Features and Classification.
10. British Colonial Policy: Indirect Rule System-North, West and East- Merits and Demerits of Indirect Rule.
11. French Colonial Policy: Historical Background- French Colonial Policies-Assimilation and Association- Features and Reasons for the Failure of Assimilation-Compare British and French Colonial Policies.
1. Colonialism- Both Positive and Negative Impacts.
2. Nationalism- Meaning, Factors that Led to the Rise and Growth of Nationalist Movement in West Africa.
3. Nationalism- Factors that Increased Nationalist Demand after World War 11, Factors Responsible for Slow Nationalist Activities in French West Africa Colonies.
4. Constitutional Development in Nigeria- The Nigerian council of 1914, The National Congress of British West Africa.
5. Clifford Constitution of 1922- Features, Merits and Demerits; Richard’s Constitution of 1946-Features, Objectives, Achievement, Weakness and Criticism.
6. The Macpherson Constitution of 1951- Features, Achievements and Weakness; London and Lagos Constitutional Conference of 1953 and 1954 Respectively.
7. Littleton’s Constitution of 1954- Features, Achievements, Weakness.
8. London Constitutional Conference of 1957 and Lagos Constitutional Conference of 1958.
9. Independence Constitution of 1960- Features, Achievements and Weakness.
10. Republican Constitution of 1963- Features, Merits and Demerits.
11. The Second Republican Constitution of 1979- Historical Background, Features, Merits and Demerits;the Differences between 1963 and 1979 Constitution.
12. Revision and Examination.
• Essential Government by C.C. Dibie.
• Comprehensive Government by J.U. Anyaele.
• THE NORTHERN PEOPLES’ CONGRESS
• THE ACTION GROUP (AG)
• THE MINER POLITICAL PARTIES OF THE FIRST REPUBLIC UMBC, NEPU E T C
• ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE, SOURCES OF FINANCE, OBJECTIVES AND PERFORMANCE.
WEEK 2 AND 3
• SECOND REPUBLIC POLITICAL PARTIES DEVELOPMENT OF POLITICAL PARTIES IN NIGERIA II
• NATIONAL PARTY OF NIGERIA (NPN)
• UNITY PARTY OF NIGERIA (UPN)
• NIGERIA PEOPLES’ PARTY (NPP)
• GREAT NIGERIA PEOPLE PARTY (CNPP)
• NIGERIA ADVANCE PARTY (NAP)
• FORMATION, STRUCTURE, SOURCES OF FINANCE, OBJECTIVES AND PERFORMANCE
• THE THIRD AND FOURTH REPUBLICS POLITICAL PARTIES: DEVELOPMENT OF POLITICAL PARTIES IN NIGERIA III
• SOCIAL DEMOCRATIC PARTY (SDP)
• NATIONAL PEPUBLICAN CONVENTION/NRC
• PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY (PDP)
• ALL NIGERIA PEOPLES PARTY (ANPP)
• ALLIANCE FOR DEMOCRACY (AD)
• ACTION CONGRESS OF NIGERIA (CAN)
• CONGRESS FOR PROGRESSIVE CHANGE (CPC)
• OTHER MINOR POLITICAL PARTIES: FORMATION, STRUCTUREAL ORGANISATION, SOURCES OF FINANCE, OBJECTIVES AND PERFORMANCE.
WEEK 5 AND 6
• MILITARY RULE IN NIGERIA
• HISTORICAL BACKGROUND
• REASONS FOR MILITARY INTERRVENTION
• ACHIEVEMENT OF MILITARY REGISMES IN NIGERIA
• STRUCTURE OF MILITARY REGIMES IN NIGERIA
• WEAKNESS OF MILITARY GOVERNMENT IN NIGERIA
• MEASURES THAT COULD BE TAKEN TO PREVENT MILITARY INTERRVENTION IN NIGERIA
WEEK 7 AND 8
• LOCAL GOVRNMENT ADMINISTARTION IN NIGERIA
• STRUTURE, FUNCTIONS OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT, SOURCES OF FINANCE, PROBLEMS, 1976 LOCAL GOVERNMENT REFORMS
• ROLES OF TRADITIONAL RULES IN GOVERNMENT
WEEK 9 AND 10
• NIGERIA AND THE WORLD
• INTERDEPENDENCE OF NATIONS: THE NEEDS FOR INTERACTIONS, MERITS AND DEMERITS
• THE NIGERIA FOREIGN POLICY SINCE INDEPENDENCE, FACTORS THAT CAN AFFECT NIGERIA’S FOREIGN POLICY. FORMATIONLATION OF NIGERIA’S FOREIGN POLICY, FEATURES OF NIGERIA FOREIGN POLICY.
WEEK 11 AND 12
• REVISION AND EXAMINATION.