Pay with your ATM Card, USSD code or Bank Transfer to get immediate access to the download link page (download link will also be sent to your email address) for SS2 First Term Chemistry lesson note. Payments are securely handled by Paystack. [select-faq faq_id='5273']
Pay with your ATM Card, USSD code or Bank Transfer to get immediate access to the download link page (download link will also be sent to your email address) for SS2 First Term Chemistry lesson note. Payments are securely handled by Paystack.
Our lesson notes are downloaded in Ms-Word Format.
HOW TO PLACE ORDER:
Under the eNote you want to order, you will see “Order Now“. Click on it, then scroll down and click on “Proceed to Checkout” to load the order page. On the order page, enter your payment details and then click on “Place Order” to finalize your order either through Card (ATM Debit Card) or Transfer (Bank transfer) payment.[To add multiple items to the cart, after adding the first item to cart, before proceeding to checkout, click on “Continue Shopping” to add more item(s) to cart, after that click on “Proceed to Checkout” and then enter your payment details and click on “Place Order” to finalize your order.]
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE LESSON NOTE(S) AFTER PAYMENT:
After a successful payment, you will be automatically redirected to the download page (also the download link(s) will be automatically sent to your email address). From the download page/sent email, simply click on the name(s) of the product to download.
Contact the admin on Whatsapp via 08075777704 (Click here to send Whatsapp message) or via Email on firstname.lastname@example.org if you missed the download link for any reason (this rarely happens) or have difficulty placing order.
This lesson note covers the following topics for SS2 First Term Chemistry:
1. The Periodic Table
• Historical Development of the Periodic Table/Periodic Law
• Features of the Periodic Table.
• Periodic Classification into Blocks and Families.
• Families of Elements.
2. The Periodic Trend
• The Periodic Properties of Elements: Atomic size, Ionic size,Ionization Energy, Electron Affinity, Electronegativity down the group and across the period.
• Diagonal Relationship in the Properties of Elements in the Periodic Table.
3. Types of Reaction/Redox Reactions
• Definition of Oxidation and Reduction.
• Relationship between Oxidation Number and IUPAC Naming.
4. Oxidizing and Reducing Agents
• Identification of Oxidizing and Reducing Agents
• Balancing of Redox Equations in Acidic and Alkaline Medium.
5. Ionic Theory: Distinguish between:
• Electrovalent and Covalent Compounds.
• Electrolytes and Non-electrolytes.
• Weak and Strong Electrolytes.
• Conductors and Non –conductors.
• Meaning of Electrolysis
• Definition of Terms
• Preferential Discharge of Ions during Electrolysis.
7. Electrolysis of Specified Electrolytes
• Acidified water
• Brine solution
• Copper (II) tetraoxosulphate (VI) solution.
• Uses of Electrolysis
8. Faraday’s Laws of Electrolysis
• Faraday First and Second laws of electrolysis.
• Verification of Faraday’s Laws of Electrolysis.
• Calculations based on Faraday’s Laws.
9. Electrochemical Cells
• Electrolytic and Electrochemical Cells with their differences.
• Standard Electrode Potential.
• Drawing and Writing of Cell Diagrams.
• Calculation of e.m.f of a Cell.
10. Application of Electrochemical Cells
• Distinction between Primary and Secondary Cells
• Types of Electrochemical Cells.
• New School Chemistry for Senior Secondary Schools by O.Y Ababio
• New System Chemistry for Senior Secondary Schools by T. Y. Toon et al
• S.S.C.E Past Questions and Answers on Chemistry
• U.T.M.E Past Questions and Answers on Chemistry