Pay with your ATM Card, USSD code or Bank Transfer to get immediate access to the download link page (download link will also be sent to your email address) for First Term SS2 Engish Language lesson note. Payments are securely handled by Paystack. [select-faq faq_id='5273']
Pay with your ATM Card, USSD code or Bank Transfer to get immediate access to the download link page (download link will also be sent to your email address) for First Term SS2 Engish Language lesson note. Payments are securely handled by Paystack.
Our lesson notes are downloaded in Ms-Word Format.
HOW TO PLACE ORDER:
Under the eNote you want to order, you will see “Add to Cart“. Click on it, then scroll down and click on “Proceed to Checkout” to load the order page. On the order page, enter your payment details and then click on “Place Order” to finalize your order either through Card (ATM Debit Card) or Transfer (Bank transfer) payment.
[To add multiple items to the cart, after adding the first item to cart, before proceeding to checkout, click on “Continue Shopping” to add more item(s) to cart, after that click on “Proceed to Checkout” and then enter your payment details and click on “Place Order” to finalize your order.]
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE LESSON NOTE(S) AFTER PAYMENT:
After a successful payment, you will be automatically redirected to the download page (also the download link(s) will be automatically sent to your email address). From the download page/sent email, simply click on the name(s) of the product to download.
Contact the admin on Whatsapp via 08075777704 (Click here to send Whatsapp message) or via Email on firstname.lastname@example.org if you missed the download link for any reason (this rarely happens) or have difficulty placing order.
This lesson note covers the following topics for SS2 First Term English Language:
- Comprehension:Reading for Main Points
- Structure: Revision on Nominalization of Adjectives and Verbs.
- Speech Work: Review of Consonants Followed by /j/ and /u/ Sounds. Summary: Revision of the Features of Summary.
- (i) Comprehension – Learning about Main Ideas and Supporting Details Unit 1:
Basketball, pg 19
(ii) Vocabulary Development: Words Associated with the Human Body System and Functions
(iii) Speech Work: Cluster of Two, Three and Four Consonants
(iv) Writing (Expository): Meaning, Features and Examples
- (i) Comprehension: Reading to Follow Writer’s Ideas; Unit 2: Insurance, pg 33
(ii) Vocabulary Development: Words Associated with Health e.g. diagnosis, contagious etc.
(iii) Structure: Noun Phrases: Meaning, Identification and Functions
- Summary (Reading to Summarise): NnamdiAzikwe,pg 26
Vocabulary Development – Words Associated with Building and Building
Writing – (Narrative) Meaning, Features and Examples.
Structure – Relative Pronouns
- Comprehension Reading For Main Points – 2; Unit 4; Building,pg 66
Speech Work: Unstressed Vowel Sound /ə /
Writing (Argumentative) “Corruption Should be fought from the top to the bottom”
- Comprehension:Reading to Extract the Main Points from a Passage: Unit 6; On the Road pg 90
Structure: Sentence Types
Speech Work: Stress OfFour Syllable Words
Writing: Descriptive: “Valedictory Ceremony in My School”
- (i) Comprehension: Reading to Take Notes; Unit 7; Technology, pg 104
Structure: Adverb – Types (Manner, Place, Time, Frequency, Degree etc.)
Summary: Reading to Summarise an Argument
- Structure: Word Modifiers: Adjectives and Adverbs
Vocabulary Development: Words Associated with Colours, Smell and Taste
Comprehension (Listening); Unit 8; Uganda’s National Resistance Army, pg 119
Writing: A Report
- Structure: Plural Forms of Nouns
Speech Work: Stress of Five Syllable Words
Writing – Creative Writing: Features of a Short Story.
Summary Writing – Identifying Topic Sentences: Agriculture; Technical Aid Corps Proposed for Africa.
- Comprehension: Reading to Paraphrase a Prose Passage; Unit 5; Nazruddin, pg 80
Structure: Phrasal Verbs.
Writing: Features and Format of an Informal Letter.
- Montgomery et al: Effective English for SS 2 ( Main Text) Evans Publishers, Ibadan
- Ogunsanya et al: Countdown to SSCE, Evans Publisher, Ibadan.
- Onuigbo S.M: Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Africana Publishers, Enugu.
- Ayo Banjo et al: New Oxford Secondary English Course SS 2. University Press PLC, Ibadan
- FoluAgoi: Towards Effective Use of English. A grammar of Modern English
- Ayo Akano: Maclimillan Mastery English Language for Senior Secondary Schools, Macmillan Nigeria Publishrs limited, Ibadan
- Ken Mebele et al: Goodbye to Failure in English for Senior Schools, Book 2, Treasure Publishers LTD, Lagos.
- Benson O. A Oluikpe et al: Intensive English for Senior Secondary Schools, 2 Africanal Publishers LTD, Onitsha.
- Oxford, Advanced Learners Dictionary.
- WAEC Past Questions.