Pay with your ATM Card, USSD code or Bank Transfer to get immediate access to the download link page (download link will also be sent to your email address) for Second Term SS2 Engish Language lesson note. Payments are securely handled by Paystack. [select-faq faq_id='5273']
Pay with your ATM Card, USSD code or Bank Transfer to get immediate access to the download link page (download link will also be sent to your email address) for Second Term SS2 Engish Language lesson note. Payments are securely handled by Paystack.
Our lesson notes are downloaded in Ms-Word Format.
HOW TO PLACE ORDER:
Under the eNote you want to order, you will see “Order Now“. Click on it, then scroll down and click on “Proceed to Checkout” to load the order page. On the order page, enter your payment details and then click on “Place Order” to finalize your order either through Card (ATM Debit Card) or Transfer (Bank transfer) payment.[To add multiple items to the cart, after adding the first item to cart, before proceeding to checkout, click on “Continue Shopping” to add more item(s) to cart, after that click on “Proceed to Checkout” and then enter your payment details and click on “Place Order” to finalize your order.]
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE LESSON NOTE(S) AFTER PAYMENT:
After a successful payment, you will be automatically redirected to the download page (also the download link(s) will be automatically sent to your email address). From the download page/sent email, simply click on the name(s) of the product to download.
Contact the admin on Whatsapp via 08075777704 (Click here to send Whatsapp message) or via Email on firstname.lastname@example.org if you missed the download link for any reason (this rarely happens) or have difficulty placing order.
This lesson note covers the following topics for SS2 Second Term English Language:
- (i) Revision of Last Term’s Work and Examination Questions
(ii) Structure – Use of Possessive Apostrophe
(iii) Comprehension (Reading to Grasp Main Points): Unit 9; Stock Exchange, Effective English, pg. 134 – 136
Writing (Narrative) “My SS 1 Experience.”
- Comprehension: (Reading to Grasp Sentence Paragraph Transition): Unit 10 – Nothing Gets Done. Effective English, page 150
Vocabulary Development: Words Associated with the Press
Structure: Punctuation Marks (Comma, Semi-colon, Question Mark, Colon)
- Essay Writing (Formal Letters) Letter of Complaints
Structure – Sentence Types According to Functions
Speech Work – Diphthongs
Summary – How to Answer Summary Questions
- Essay Writing: (Informal Letters) Letters to a Friend in Another Town.
Speech Work: Diphthongs /ei, ai, au, ᴐi/
Comprehension (Reading for Implied Meaning): unit II – Moral Behaviour, Effective English, page 168
Vocabulary Development: Words Associated with Environment.
- Summary Writing: Wole Soyinka, Effective English, pg 158 – 159
Structure: Kinds of Pronouns
Speech Work: Rhyme Scheme
- Comprehension: (Reading for Critical Evaluation) Communication; Effective English page 181
Vocabulary Development: Words Associated with Nation Building
Structure: Introduction to Sequence of Tenses
Speech Work: Diphthongs /Iә, eә, әƱ, Ʊә/
- Structure: More About Phrasal Verbs
Comprehension: unit 12 Advancement in Technology, Effective English, pg 109 – 111
Vocabulary Development: Technology
Speech Work: Comparison of /tᶘ/ and /ᶘ/, /ʤ/ and /ʒ/
- Essay Writing: Articles
Structure: Active and Passive Structures
Register: Words Associated with Cultural Entertainment
- Structure: Making Uncountable Nouns Countable
Summary: Writing Answers to Model Summary Passage
Vocabulary Development: Noting Words Commonly Misspelt.
Writing: Writing Semi-Formal Letter.
- & 12 Examination
- Montgomery et al: Effective English for SS 2 ( Main Text) Evanz Publishers, Ibadan
- Ogunsanya et al: Countdown to SSCE, Evans Publisher, Ibadan.
- Onuigbo S.M: Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Africana Publishers, Enugu.
- Ayo Banjo et al: New Oxford Secondary English Course SS 2. University Press PLC, Ibadan
- FoluAgoi: Towards Effective Use of English. A grammar of Modern English
- Ayo Akano: Maclimillan Mastery English Language for Senior Secondary Schools, Macmillan Nigeria Publishrs limited, Ibadan
- Ken Mebele et al: Goodbye to Failure in English for Senior Schools, Book 2, Treasure Publishers LTD, Lagos.
- Benson O. A Oluikpe et al: Intensive English for Senior Secondary Schools, 2 Africanal Publishers LTD, Onitsha.
- Oxford, Advanced Learners Dictionary.
- WAEC Past Questions.