Third Term SS1 Food and Nutrition Lesson Note
Pay with your ATM Card, USSD code or Bank Transfer to get immediate access to the download link page (download link will also be sent to your email address) for SS1 Third Term Food and Nutrition lesson note. Payments are securely handled by Paystack. [select-faq faq_id='5273']
Pay with your ATM Card, USSD code or Bank Transfer to get immediate access to the download link page (download link will also be sent to your email address) for SS1 Third Term Food and Nutrition lesson note. Payments are securely handled by Paystack.
Our lesson notes are downloaded in Ms-Word Format.
HOW TO PLACE ORDER:
Under the eNote you want to order, you will see “Add to Cart“. Click on it, then scroll down and click on “Proceed to Checkout” to load the order page. On the order page, enter your payment details and then click on “Place Order” to finalize your order either through Card (ATM Debit Card) or Transfer (Bank transfer) payment.[To add multiple items to the cart, after adding the first item to cart, before proceeding to checkout, click on “Continue Shopping” to add more item(s) to cart, after that click on “Proceed to Checkout” and then enter your payment details and click on “Place Order” to finalize your order.]
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE LESSON NOTE(S) AFTER PAYMENT:
After a successful payment, you will be automatically redirected to the download page (also the download link(s) will be automatically sent to your email address). From the download page/sent email, simply click on the name(s) of the product to download.
Contact the admin on Whatsapp via 08075777704 (Click here to send Whatsapp message) or via Email on firstname.lastname@example.org if you missed the download link for any reason (this rarely happens) or have difficulty placing order.
This lesson note covers the following topics for SS1 Third Term Food and Nutrition:
1. Revision/ food hygiene
-food borne diseases, food sanitation law, food laws regulatory bodies e.g. NAFDAC, SON etc.
2. Cooking of food – definitions, reasons for cooking foods
– Methods of heat transfer
– Methods of cooking- moist heat method, definitions, advantages and disadvantages etc.
3. Dry heat method- definitions, advantages and disadvantages etc.
(b) Frying- types of frying, general rules for frying, advantages and disadvantages.
4. Food study: cereals/ grains – nutritive values of cereals and grains.
-high and low extraction rate flour, cooking methods etc.
5. Legumes/ pulses
– Importance \, nutritive value, cooking methods and dishes made from legumes
6. Practicals on cooking methods, cereals and legumes.
7. Vegetables- types, nutritive values, factors affecting choice of vegetables, preparatory and serving of vegetables.
8. Fruits – types of fruits, nutritive value of fruits, factors affecting choice of fruits.
9. Practicals on fruits and vegetables
10. Meat cookery- types of meat from different animals, nutritive value of meats, methods of cooking meat.