Pay with your ATM Card, USSD code or Bank Transfer to get immediate access to the download link page (download link will also be sent to your email address) for First, Second and Third Term JSS1 Engish Language lesson note. Payments are securely handled by Paystack. [select-faq faq_id='5273']
Pay with your ATM Card, USSD code or Bank Transfer to get immediate access to the download link page (download link will also be sent to your email address) for First, Second and Third Term JSS1 Engish Language lesson note. Payments are securely handled by Paystack.
Our lesson notes are downloaded in Ms-Word Format.
HOW TO PLACE ORDER:
Under the eNote you want to order, you will see “Add to Cart“. Click on it, then scroll down and click on “Proceed to Checkout” to load the order page. On the order page, enter your payment details and then click on “Place Order” to finalize your order either through Card (ATM Debit Card) or Transfer (Bank transfer) payment.
[To add multiple items to the cart, after adding the first item to cart, before proceeding to checkout, click on “Continue Shopping” to add more item(s) to cart, after that click on “Proceed to Checkout” and then enter your payment details and click on “Place Order” to finalize your order.]
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE LESSON NOTE(S) AFTER PAYMENT:
After a successful payment, you will be automatically redirected to the download page (also the download link(s) will be automatically sent to your email address). From the download page/sent email, simply click on the name(s) of the product to download.
Contact the admin on Whatsapp via 07061876882 (Click here to send Whatsapp message) or via Email on email@example.com if you missed the download link for any reason (this rarely happens) or have difficulty placing order.
These lesson notes cover the following topics for JSS1 First, Second and Third Term English Language:
- Speech work: Introduction to speech (organs of speech)
Grammar: Parts of speech – Nouns
* Meaning, Identification of Nouns in Sentence
* Types of Nouns with Examples
Comprehension: The Family~ Unit 1
Composition: Meaning, Types of Composition (Narrative, Descriptive, Argumentative, Expository)
Literature: What is Literature? The Features of Literature.
Types of Literature: Oral, Historical, Dance, Miming, Drama…see related text.
- Speech work: Pure Vowel sounds (Monothongs) with examples
Comprehension: Unit 2, page 31
Vocabulary development: Your School Subjects
Grammar/Structure: Pronouns: Meaning, Identification, Types.
- Comprehension: A Conversation, Page 43
Grammar/Structure: Verbs: Definition, Identification with examples.
Types of verbs: Transitive, Intransitive, Auxiliary and Lexical, Regular and Irregular (should be given as assignment)
Composition: Outlining the difference between descriptive and narrative essays
Literature: Introduction to prose and its elements, (plot, style, characterization)
Types of Oral Literature
- Comprehension: Unit 6, page 79. Two good Friends
Grammar: Adjectives: Definition, Identification,
Types of Adjectives
Composition: Narrative Essay– “My First day in Secondary School”
Speech Work: Vowels /I/
Literature: What is Oral Literature, Features of Oral Literature and Types.
- Comprehension : Unit 7(a) page 91 Oduduwa
Grammar: Comparision of Adjectives,
Absolute Adjectives: Excellent, Superior, Total
Speech work: Vowel /e /
Composition: Paragraph Writing:
Arrangement of Ideas in Logical sequence with Introduction and Conclusion.
Literature: Introduction to Drama, Elements and Types
- Speech work /ae /
Grammar: Adverbs : Identification, definition,
Types and examples.
Composition – Descriptive Essay: A Market Place
Comprehension: Unit 7
Literature – Use Recommended Text. (Prose)
- Speech Work: / a:/
Comprehension: Unit 8, page 103. Every Man and Death
Composition: Introduction to Letter Writing and Types
. Literature – Introduction to for folktale
- Comprehension: Unit 9
Composition: Features of an Informal Letter with sample model
Literature: Introduction to Figures of Speech ( Simile, Metaphor, Personification, Alliteration, Assonance)
- Speech Work: / /
Grammar: Introduction to Adverbs ( Features and Functions)
Comprehension: Unit 9b page 117
Composition: Informal Letter : Letter to your cousin, telling him about your new school
Literature: Review of recommended text/ Figures of speech
- Test/ Examination
- Revision of Last Term’s Examination and Work
- Speech Work: Consonant/k/and/g/Structure Adverbs: Features, Position and Functions of Adverbs. Comprehension/ Vocabulary Dvpt.: Reading Skill (Reading for maximum Retention and Recall) Composition: Letter Writing: Formal/ Features of Formal Letters Literature: Review on the Genres of Literature (Prose, Poetry and Drama); Use recommended texts)
- Speech Work: Consonants/f/and/v/Structure: Conjunctions: Features, Position and Functions of Conjunctions. Comprehension/Vocabulary Dvpv: Writing Skill – answering questions on given passage. Composition: Letter writing Formal letters (Guided writing) Literature: Prose-Literary terms (use recommended text)
- Speech Work: Vowels/u/and/u:/: Structure: Prepositions: Features, Position and Functions of Prepositions. Comprehension/Vocabulary Dvpt: Reading and writing Skills (Intensive) Reading/Answering questions on given passage. Composition: Letter Writing – Guided writing (emphasis on Arrangement of ideas in logical sequence) Literature: Myths and Legends (African and Non-African tales comprising Myths and Legends)
- Speech Work: Vowel /æ/ and /ℨ:/: Comprehension/Vocabulary Dvpt.: Writing Skill Giving Specific Answers of a Given Passage Structure: Adverbials (making sentences with adverbial) Composition: Argumentative (Introduction)
- Speech Work Consonants/s/and/z/: Structure: More on Adverbials Comprehension/Vocabulary Dvpt.: Reading and Writing Skill contd Composition: Argumentative – Elements of composition Literature: Drama – Drama text, theme, Features; related literary terms
- Speech Work: Vowels – Introduction to Diphthongs (example) Structure: More on Adverbials and Tenses (using each item in sentences) Comprehension/Vocabulary Dvpt.: Reading Skill-Reading to understand the Author’s mood Composition: Argumentative – Arrangement of ideas in logical sequence
- Speech Work: Vowels:/ei/:Structure: Making sentences with adverbs, conjunctions and preposition Comprehension/Vocabulary Dvpt.: Writing Skill Composition: Argumentative (Guided Composition/writing) Literature: Drama: Types, Literary terms, Written text (Costumes, play Director, etc)
- Speech Work: Vowels:/ai/Structure: More on Adverbs, Conjunctions and Prepositions Comprehension/Vocabulary Dvpt.: Reading Skill Composition: Argumentative (Guided writing) Literature: More on Figures of Speech.
- Speech Work: Consonant / Ɵ/ and / ð /Structure: Verbs – Poems of Verbs Comprehension/Vocabulary Dvpt.: Reading and Writing Skills Composition: Speech Writing – Introduction Literature: Prose (use recommended Text)
Speech Work: Diphthong
Comprehension: Unit 15, pages 194-195
Vocabulary Development: Air Transport
Composition: Descriptive Essay
Literature: Use of Recommended Text
- Speech Work: /Iᶕ/ and /aI/
Grammar: Tenses of Active and Passive Voice
Comprehension: Page 16
Composition: Elements of Descriptive Essay
Literature: Use of Recommended on Prose: Setting and Plot
- Speech Work: Introduction to Consonant sounds (twelve)
Grammar: The Use of Active and PassiveVoice with examples
Comprehension: Unit 3, Page 54
Composition: Argumentative Essay: Male Child is More Useful than a Female Child
Literature Poetry (Identification in a Poem).
- Speech Work:Two,Three&Four Syllables
Grammar: The Use of Active and Passive Voice with example
Comprehension: Unit 4, Page 54
Composition:Argumentative Essay: AMale Child is More Useful than a Female Child
Literature:Myths and Legend with moral Moral lessons from a legend.
Vocabulary Development:Words Associated with the Sick Bay
- Speech Work: Syllables Continued
Grammar: Exercises on Active andPasive Voice
Comprehension: Refer to Week 7 of 2nd Term
Composition: Formal Letter
Literature: Analysis of a Poem
Vocabulary Development: WordsAssociated with Cooking Page 156
- Grammar: Statements/ Tag Questionsand Responses
Speech Work: Consonant Clusters
Comprehension: Page 106; Unit 9
Composition: Narrative: An Accident I Witnessed
Vocabulary Development: Words Associated with Teaching
Literature: Drama Text
- Speech Work: Contsonanants (contd)
Grammar: Differences between Polar and Tag Questions
Comprehension: Revisit Week 8 0f 2nd Term
Vocabulary Development: Spelling Drills
Composition: Expository Essay
Literature: Recommended Text on Prose And Poetry
- Speech Work: /ᶕu/, /ai/ and /ei/
Grammar: Exercises on Verbs
Comprehension: Revisit Week 9 of 2ndTerm
Composition: (Oral) School Rules
Vocabulary Development: Spelling Drills
Literature:Changing Similes to Metaphors
- Grammar: Revision of Nouns, Pronoun, Verbs and Adjectives
Speech: Diphthongs (contd) exercise
Comprehension: Activity on Passage
Composition: Review all types of Essays
Literature: Figures of Speech