Pay with your ATM Card, USSD code or Bank Transfer to get immediate access to the download links page (download links will also be sent to your email address) for SS1 First, Second and Third Term Food and Nutrition lesson notes. Payments are securely handled by Paystack. [select-faq faq_id='5273']
Pay with your ATM Card, USSD code or Bank Transfer to get immediate access to the download links page (download links will also be sent to your email address) for SS1 First, Second and Third Term Food and Nutrition lesson notes. Payments are securely handled by Paystack.
Our lesson notes are downloaded in Ms-Word Format.
HOW TO PLACE ORDER:
Under the eNote you want to order, you will see “Add to Cart“. Click on it, then scroll down and click on “Proceed to Checkout” to load the order page. On the order page, enter your payment details and then click on “Place Order” to finalize your order either through Card (ATM Debit Card) or Transfer (Bank transfer) payment.
[To add multiple items to the cart, after adding the first item to cart, before proceeding to checkout, click on “Continue Shopping” to add more item(s) to cart, after that click on “Proceed to Checkout” and then enter your payment details and click on “Place Order” to finalize your order.]
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE LESSON NOTE(S) AFTER PAYMENT:
After a successful payment, you will be automatically redirected to the download page (also the download link(s) will be automatically sent to your email address). From the download page/sent email, simply click on the name(s) of the product to download.
Contact the admin on Whatsapp via 08075777704 (Click here to send Whatsapp message) or via Email on email@example.com if you missed the download link for any reason (this rarely happens) or have difficulty placing order.
These lesson notes cover the following topics for SS1 First, Second and Third Term Food and Nutrition:
|1||Introduction to food and nutrition –definition—importance of human nutrition- factors affecting human nutrition|
|2||Careers in food and nutrition|
|3||Relationship between food and nutrition to other subject|
|4||Basic food nutrient
–functions of carbohydrate
-symptoms of dietary deficiency
|5||Basic food nutrient:
|6||Symptoms of dietary deficiency
-Fats and oils
-symptoms of dietary deficiency
|7||Vitamins-water and fat soluble vitamins
-functions of each vitamins
-symptoms of food deficiencies
|8||Mineral salts and water:
-symptoms of deficiencies
|9||Symptoms of dietary deficiencies
-Symptoms, signs, causes and cure e.g. kwashiorkor, marasmus etc.
|10||The Digestive System:
Meaning of Digestion, Absorption, Assimilation and Metabolism
Digestion of food in the mouth, stomach and small intestines
|11||Enzymes involved in Digestion
Absorption of nutrients, the role of water in digestion and absorption
- Revision scientific study of foods.
- Measurement: units of measurement.
- Effects of heat on food.
- Food tests (tests for carbohydrates, protein and fats),
– The food composition table.
– Meal planning.
- Reproductive health.
- Reproductive health –malnutrition e.g. Over nutrition and under nutrition.
- Kitchen management.
- Kitchen plan/ layout.
- Kitchen equipment.
– Materials used in making kitchen equipment.
- Cleaning agents and abrasives.
- Safety in the kitchen.
- Methods of handling kitchen equipment properly, precautions to prevent accident.
- Contents and use first aid box.
- Treatments of simple injuries e.g. Cuts, burns and scalds.
- Personal- rules of personal hygiene in the kitchen.
- Kitchen hygiene rules.
1. Revision/ food hygiene
-food borne diseases, food sanitation law, food laws regulatory bodies e.g. NAFDAC, SON etc.
2. Cooking of food – definitions, reasons for cooking foods
– Methods of heat transfer
– Methods of cooking- moist heat method, definitions, advantages and disadvantages etc.
3. Dry heat method- definitions, advantages and disadvantages etc.
(b) Frying- types of frying, general rules for frying, advantages and disadvantages.
4. Food study: cereals/ grains – nutritive values of cereals and grains.
-high and low extraction rate flour, cooking methods etc.
5. Legumes/ pulses
– Importance \, nutritive value, cooking methods and dishes made from legumes
6. Practicals on cooking methods, cereals and legumes.
7. Vegetables- types, nutritive values, factors affecting choice of vegetables, preparatory and serving of vegetables.
8. Fruits – types of fruits, nutritive value of fruits, factors affecting choice of fruits.
9. Practicals on fruits and vegetables
10. Meat cookery- types of meat from different animals, nutritive value of meats, methods of cooking meat.